While owning a pool is a lot of fun, it is a big responsibility. There are a few things you can do on a daily and weekly basis to keep the pool running at it's best and to prevent future issues.
- Test pH and free chlorine levels
- Run the pool filter at least eight to 10 hours a day. Set the timer or make a note to run it manually so you remember.
- Empty the skimmer baskets
- Make sure chlorine is added
- Skim the pool for leaves and other unwanted floating debris
- Clean the filter
- Test and adjust chlorine, pH and alkalinity levels
- Brush the walls and floor
- Vacuum pool floor and walls
- Add shock and algaecide
- Empty skimmer baskets
- Check to make sure slide and diving board fittings (if applicable) are secure
- Check water return flow to make sure any chemicals that are added will effectively mix with water
- Clean the decking
To build your new pool and spa
, contact your The Woodlands Pool Builder, St. Croix Custom Pools
for a free consultation. For more pool maintenance tips, check out our blog
or find us on facebook
St. Croix Custom Pools is a custom pool builder in Houston, The Woodlands, Spring, TX and the surrounding areas. St. Croix Custom Pools specializes in designing and building custom outdoor kitchens, swimming pools, covered patios, etc… that are turnkey and designed to look like they were part of the original structure.